Standards and Qualifications Review
Share your feedback on standards and qualifications
We are reviewing a number of business qualifications this year and we would like to invite you to support the review and shape future qualifications and apprenticeships.
This year, we are reviewing the following qualifications used in apprenticeships across England, Wales and Northern Ireland:
- Business & Administration
- Customer Service
- Management & Team Leading
Your valuable feedback will help us make these qualifications as effective as possible for employers and learners. We are interested in any feedback you have - be it specific to a single assessment criteria or a general comment about all of the qualifications.
We expect that new qualifications will be developed by February 2014, ready for delivery from 1 September 2014 onwards.
While you can comment on any aspect of the qualifications, we have suggested the following topics to help:
- Qualification sizes and variation in size between different Apprenticeships
- Impact of 12-month minimum duration rule
- Unit style
- Unit size
- Language used within the units
- Qualification structure
- Qualification contents
- Apprenticeship and qualification naming conventions
- The 'NVQ' brand
- Employee Rights and responsibilities – Should these be embedded? If so, what is the best way to do so?
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills - Should these be embedded? If so, what is the best way to do so?
- Use of single units in multiple qualification levels
- Crossover between Management, Business & Administration and Customer Service – is there scope to use some of the same units across different suites?
- Should we have a single qualification for each subject at each level, or separate qualifications (the NVQ and the knowledge qualification) NB: The recent 'Richard Review of Apprenticeships' favours combined qualifications covering competence and knowledge together.
You may also think there are different requirements for Management, Customer Service and Business & Administration, or across the different levels of qualifications, so please be specific about which qualification and level you are referring to if you are making a specific point.
Please email your comments to:
The review is in collaboration with, and part-funded by, the following awarding organisations:
- Active IQ
- Chartered Management Institute
- City & Guilds
- Cskills Awards
- Engineering Construction Industry Training Board
- IMI Awards
- Industry Qualifications
- Institute of Administrative Management
- Institute of Leadership & Management
- Kaplan Professional Awards
- Lifetime Awarding